I've moved!

***Click here to visit Kim Fielding's Website***

New blog posts will appear on the new site, but I've also added a feed right below this message.

Kim Fielding Writes » Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I love my husband

My husband is wonderful.

There. I've stated it publicly in writing. Now he has proof.

We've been married since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and during those millenia he has managed to completely surprise me four times. First time was when he proposed to me (in an Italian restaurant, between the minestrone and the main course). Second time was when he bought me my beloved Mini Cooper (and even decorated it for me). Third time was when a Thanksgiving weekend with his family in Palm Desert actually turned out to be us dumping the kids with the grandparents while we took a cruise to Catalina and Mexico. And the fourth time was this past August. It was supposed to be a family road trip to Vegas. But when we got to Barstow, he turned right instead of left, and kept on driving us all the way to the Grand Canyon. We had a hotel room right on the rim. After a night there, we headed to Hoover Dam, then spent a couple days in Vegas.

That surprise trip to Arizona was fantastic. It was the first time I'd seen the Canyon, apart from inside an airplane. The kids had never seen it at all. Definitely worth the drive.

But that trip also inspired my newest novel, Motel. Pool. It releases May 12 and you can preorder it now.  Tag Manning visits the Grand Canyon too. But first he takes a nap along a lonely stretch of the old Route 66--and picks up a very peculiar hitchhiker. Better that than two occasionally surly children.

 
Over the next couple weeks I'll post some photos from the places Tag and Jack visit in the book.

6 comments:

  1. Great post. (And love that photo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They weren't as disgruntled as they look. :-)

      Delete
  2. I always love when you post pictures related to your stories! Lovely picture above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I'll have more road trip pics soon.

      Delete
  3. Cute pic :)
    I just wanted to drop by and let you know how very much I'm enjoying Brute. I'm about halfway through it, but I fell in love with Aric and Gray....well, pretty much as soon as I met them!
    I've purchased The Tin Box to read next and am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it when Aric and Gray get some love. I hope you enjoy The Tin Box as well.

      Delete