I've moved!

***Click here to visit Kim Fielding's Website***

New blog posts will appear on the new site, but I've also added a feed right below this message.

Kim Fielding Writes » Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My WIP

I know I did a The Next Big Thing entry already, talking about my upcoming Venetian Masks. But Tammy Jo tagged me so I'm doing it again, this time for my current WIP.


1) What is the working title of your book?

Jelley's Valley

2)Where did the idea for the book come from?

I am interested in the (shameful) history of mental hospitals, and I have taught in a building that was once a large psychiatric hospital.

3) What genre does it fall under?

Contemporary m/m romance

4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I hate this question. I honestly have no idea.

5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

When William gets a caretaker job at a former mental hospital, his discoveries there force him to face his own denials of who he is.

6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I plan to submit to a publisher.

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?

I've just begun it. It will probably take a couple of months, depending on my other life events.

8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I also hate this question!

9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?

As I explained above, my interest in the history of mental hospitals. Also, I was inspired by a small town I visited briefly on the way home from a family vacation. That town had a tiny general store/post office. So will Jelley's Valley, and that's where William will meet someone who shakes his world.

10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Although thie book is a contemporary and not paranormal, William is going to be "haunted" by a former patient.

Also, I was once accidentally locked in the morgue of a former mental hospital! There were a few other people there and we were released after a short time, but it was an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment