I've moved!

***Click here to visit Kim Fielding's Website***

New blog posts will appear on the new site, but I've also added a feed right below this message.

Kim Fielding Writes » Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Next Big Thing Blog Hop

The talented Jessica Freely invited me to participate in this and it sounded like fun. I have several projects in various stages of progression, so I've decided to answer these questions about a novel that will be released in February or March.


What is the working title of your book?
Venetian Masks

Where did the idea come from for the book?

The book is set in Venice, with forays to other places in central Europe. The idea came to me last year, when I was lucky enough to live in Croatia and to spend a week in beautiful Venice.

What genre does your book fall under?

Contemporary m/m romance with a suspense twist.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

Jeff would be a young Paul Bettany, I think, but with a California accent.
And Cleve looks a little like Raffaello Balzo, only with sleeve tattoos and an American accent:

I'd never actually heard of Raffaello Balzo before, but that link up above has some really nice photos. :-)

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

When Jeff Dawkins is dumped by his boyfriend, he takes a solo trip to Venice, where he meets mysterious Cleve--a handsome and potentially dangerous man.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?
Dreamspinner Press will be publishing it, with a February or March release date.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Roughly one month.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre.
That's a tough one--and I don't have a good answer!

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My own travels inspired me. I love traveling and do it as much as possible. When I do travel, I like to plan, but I also am prepared to go with the flow and deal with surprises. But even I feel a little anxious when I visit someplace new, so I imagined what an overseas trip would be like for someone who'd never gone before, and who was pretty hesitant about dealing with the unexpected.

What else about your book might interest the reader?
Aside from Venice, there are scenes in Zagreb, Ljubljana, and Trieste. And a short glossary of Italian and Croatian terms!
Next week's bloggers, posting December 5:

2 comments: