I've moved!

***Click here to visit Kim Fielding's Website***

New blog posts will appear on the new site, but I've also added a feed right below this message.

Kim Fielding Writes » Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

Much better

I had a pretty crappy day yesterday. Nothing all that exciting--just the stress of my day job and some particularly frustrating idiocy on behalf of some of the people who work there. But then last evening I received an email from a reader who enjoyed some of my books and who said they've inspired him to write his own story.

Talk about turning my mood around!

I write because I have all these voices in my head, all these stories fighting to get out. I suppose I'd keep on writing even if nobody in the world ever read my word  (*sob sob!*). But receiving an email like this--that's what truly makes writing a joy. What more could an author want than to know the people she invented mean something to someone else?

I have never written a fan letter to any of my favorite authors, even though some of them have changed my life. I guess it never occurred to me how much a letter like that could mean. And I really appreciate this reader's effort.

So--crappy day forgotten, happiness ensues!

And to top it off, I've just signed a contract for audiobook versions of my Ennek trilogy. They should be out with the next 12 months. As always 100% of my royalties from the trilogy will go to Doctors Without Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment